When thinking about getting a massage, you wouldn’t be at fault if your mind immediately jumped to luxury spas as a means of relaxation. What you may not know, however, is that massages can be used as a form of treatment for an array of medical symptoms and conditions. Not only this, but massages can even be used as a method of medicinal treatment by our team at Dr. Sophia Argeropoulos’ office, a chiropractor in Setauket. We have a firm understanding of how beneficial massage therapy can be for our patients. If you’d like to learn more about how massage therapy can help you restore your health, be sure to contact her today!
What Can Massage Therapy Treat?
One of the benefits of massages is that they can be a drug-free, minimally invasive form of treatment. From injuries to certain illnesses, massages are often cited as a viable option to help your body heal. By visiting the office of Dr. Sophia Argeropoulos, a chiropractor in Setauket, you can be provided relief, through not only chiropractic but massage therapy as well, for some of the following symptoms and conditions:
- Digestive Disorders.
- Insomnia related to stress.
- Soft Tissue Injuries.
- Sports Injuries.
Massages involve the rubbing and manipulation of your skin, muscles, tendons, and ligaments. From light strokes to deep pressure, each method of massage therapy has different impacts. When looking to treat your ailments, Dr. Sophia Argeropoulus may use the following massage methods to achieve optimal results:
- Swedish Massage: This is the most common form of massage. Targeting the topmost layer of muscles, a Swedish Massage implements using soft, long, and kneading strokes to reduce muscle tension and can also be both relaxing and energizing.
- Deep Tissue Massage: As the name suggests, this form of massage targets the deep tissue of your body to promote healing. To help combat damage usually sustained from injuries, this technique uses slow, forceful strokes to stimulate the deeper layers of muscle and connective tissues.
- Sports Massage: While similar to a Swedish Massage, this method is geared more towards athletes. This method is not only a means of treatment but can also help prevent future injuries as well.
- Trigger Point Massage: A trigger point is a tight area in the muscle that can cause large amounts of pain to other portions of the body. These tightened areas can form after injury or due to overuse. This type of massage specifically focuses on these points so you can get back to being pain-free.
Contact us for a massage therapist or chiropractor in Setauket:
If you have suffered an injury and are looking for pain relief, consider massage therapy to be an exceptional alternative. By visiting Dr. Sophia Argeropoulus’s office, a chiropractor in Setauket, you can be given hands-on treatment that focuses on the patient. With over 34 years of experience, she has the knowledge and experience to determine which method of massage therapy is right for you and your health. Don’t live with your pain any longer than you have to, visit Dr. Sophia Argeropoulus’ office today!