What Causes Hip Pain?
Although the hip joint is both strong and durable, it is not indestructible. With age and continued wear and tear, the cartilage in the hip bone is likely to become worn down and weakened. If you’re feeling intense hip pain and need assistance, Dr. Sophia Argeropoulos, our chiropractor near Mt. Sinai, can help you!
Hip pain can result from a number of conditions and injuries such as arthritis, pinched nerves, and more. Primary causes of hip pain can include the following:
- Arthritis – Rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis are among the top stimulants for hip-related discomfort. Specifically, in older adults, these variations of arthritis can force the hip joint to become inflamed and contribute to the breakdown of cartilage in the area. Thus, making patients more susceptible to pain.
- Fractures – As we get older, our risk of experiencing a break or fracture of the hip after a fall drastically increases. This due to the fact that our bones have become weaker and more brittle.
- Tendonitis – Overuse of the hip can result in tendonitis. Tendonitis will create pain in the hip tendons upon movement due to either irritation or inflammation.
- Bursitis – Sacs of liquid located between tissues are called bursae. When healthy, the bursae reduce the friction of tissues rubbing together. Repetitive activities that overwork the hip can cause inflammation of the bursae, resulting in pain in that area.
How Can a Chiropractor Treat Hip Pain?
If you are experiencing hip pain, our chiropractor near Mt. Sinai, Dr. Sophia Argeropoulos, can assist you in diagnosing the cause of the pain and work to get you back to living a pain-free life. As the spine is an integrated component of the body, a chiropractor can help you to uncover the root cause of your hip pain. There are several factors that a chiropractor can do to relieve hip pain such as:
- Stretches and Exercises – A chiropractor can create a personalized exercise and/or stretching regimen to assist with range and ease of motion. This type of routine will incorporate the strengthening of the muscles in that area and likely expedite the healing process.
- Lifestyle Changes – Things that you do day to day can be causing your pain without you even realizing it. A chiropractor can pinpoint actions in your life that may be contributing to your hip pain and identify solutions.
- Spinal Adjustments – A spinal adjustment is intended to correct misalignments in the spine that can be contributing to hip pain.
- Nutrition – Being overweight can contribute to extra wear and tear on the hips. A chiropractor can offer advice on how to eat healthier and maintain a healthy weight in order to reduce stress on the hips.
Contact a Chiropractor Near Mt. Sinai Today!
Hip pain can make even the most mundane tasks a sudden arduous one. A chiropractor in Mt. Sinai, Dr. Sophia Argeropoulos, can assist you by creating a plan of action that is right for your needs. Don’t continue to suffer through your hip pain, contact the office of Dr. Sophia Argeropoulos today!