Most people experience low back pain at some point in their life. Rest and anti-inflammatory medications may provide some pain relief, but their effects are often short-term. If you are looking for effective ways to manage your low back pain, our chiropractor in Setauket may be the solution you need! Dr. Sophia Argeropoulos is dedicated to helping you on your healing journey. We are happy to share a few chiropractic exercises to help alleviate your back pain, so continue reading to learn more.
Chiropractic Exercises For Back Pain With Our Chiropractor in Setauket
Few things are more uncomfortable than chronic low back pain. Fortunately, implementing healing strategies from our chiropractor in Setauket can help you through the rehabilitation process. When working to improve the health of your back, the main exercise categories should be strengthening, stretching, and aerobic exercise. Stiffness is often a result of low back pain, so regular stretching is essential. A stiff back limits your range of motion and makes everyday activities uncomfortable. Below, we have included a variety of therapeutic exercises that you can do at home. As always, please consult with a medical professional before trying a new workout regimen.
- Lay on a mat on your back. Cross your right ankle over your left knee.
- Grasp your left thigh and pull the knee towards your body, lifting your foot off the floor.
- Gently pull your knee closer towards you to increase the stretch, and hold for 30 seconds.
- Repeat on the other leg.
- Lie flat on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Make sure both arms are extended by your sides with palms facing down.
- Lift your pelvis off the floor, squeeze your buttocks and press your hips as high as possible.
- Hold for a moment, then release your hips back to the floor. Perform 10 repetitions.
Hip Flexor Stretch
- Start out by kneeling on your right knee and place the left foot in front of you. Make sure your torso is upright, and rest your hands on your hips for stability.
- Push your hips forward as far as comfortable while keeping your torso upright. You should feel a deep stretch in your right hip.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds, then switch to the other leg and repeat.
Contact Our Chiropractor in Setauket
Chiropractic exercises can be a great way to alleviate your back pain at home. If you are dealing with persistent discomfort, Dr. Sophia Argeropoulos is here to help! Our team will evaluate the cause of your symptoms and treat your problem at the source. Be sure to contact our expert chiropractor in Setauket today to schedule an appointment!