Preventing Back Injury During Spring Sports
Spring is just around the corner, and that means getting back to playing the sports we love. Unfortunately, the return of the sports season brings the possibility of getting injured. If you’ve injured your back playing a sport and are looking for a chiropractor in Port Jefferson, Dr. Sophia Argeropoulos has the experience to ensure that you can recover from your injuries!
Every athlete who competes in a sport is at risk of putting their body through excessive levels of stress. Whether it’s running, golfing, or even cycling, the spine endures a significant amount of pressure during these activities. These sports are usually the cause of back injuries and can be treated by experienced chiropractors. It is also recommended to treat these injuries as soon as possible so that your pain doesn’t get worse. Some sports that are usually at the forefront of back injuries are:
While it may sound impossible, most of the issues with back pain can be avoided. When it comes to the prevention of back injuries, especially during the spring season, the best chiropractor in Port Jefferson, Dr. Argeropoulos, has a few tips to keep you in the game without experiencing discomfort. To avoid back pain and other injuries, one should:
- Properly stretch before a practice or game.
- Properly rest, so the body can heal from the day’s stress.
- Ice the part of the body that is experiencing pain.
- For tennis and baseball, ensure that you get properly fitted for equipment to prevent straining your lower back.
- Practice proper form or technique, especially in tennis or golf, to prevent hyperextension.
If you are still experiencing back pain from an injury and would like to be treated, contact your chiropractor in Port Jefferson, Dr. Sophia Argeropoulos, by calling (631) 473-8182.