Massage Therapy for Low Back Pain
Lower back pain can be incredibly difficult to manage. Whether it’s going to work, exercising, or just spending time with loved ones, these activities can all be affected once your back starts acting up. Our massage therapy in Port Jefferson can give you the pain relief you need and can have you feeling back to the way you should be, and our massage therapist, Chrys Argeropoulos, is ready to help you get back to full recovery!
When it comes to lower back pain, it is inevitable for many people and can’t be avoided. There are many causes as to why someone will develop symptoms of lower back pain:
- Age – As you get older, the likelihood of lower back injuries increases. As you age, your spinal fluid will slowly begin to be reduced, resulting in the spinal discs grinding against each other.
- Lifestyle – Living an extremely active lifestyle can result in back pain. Overworking your back muscles, whether it’s lifting heavy items or not giving your body time to rest, can result in back pain.
- Disc injury – A herniated disc occurs when the cartilage surrounding the disc pushes against the spinal cord or nerve roots. This type of injury occurs when lifting heavy objects improperly or twisting your back.
- Smoking – If you smoke cigarettes, this can exponentially increase your risk of back pain. Constant nicotine abuse can result in reduced blood flow and the decay of the spinal discs.
There are many benefits that medical massage therapy can offer. Some benefits you may experience from our medical massage therapy in Port Jefferson are:
- Pain relief
- Stress relief
- Improve blood circulation
When referring to back pain, it’s important to remember to take care of yourself. Taking some time to treat yourself to a medical massage can surely give you the pain relief you’ve been seeking. Contact us today to start your medical massage therapy in Port Jefferson with Chrys Argeropoulos!